Tuesday, March 22, 2011

BBQ Pulled Pork and Ranch Mashed Potatoes (Rachael Ray's)

This was our dinner one day last week.  The photo isn't great BUT the meal was!!!  My family thought I was nuts taking a picture of my dinner plate!!  The dinner was a BBQ pulled pork sandwich, ranch mashed potatoes (Rachael Ray's potatoes) and carrots.
The pork you put in the crock pot in the morning with a bottle of BBQ sause and set it to low for the day.  Before you are ready to serve the pork, shred it with 2 forks in the crock pot.  I like my roll toasted (toast before you fill the roll).  This sandwich is also really yummy with pineapple on top!!!  (I just happened to forget it at the store!)

The Ranch Mashed Potatoes are Rachael Ray's recipe.
Peel, cube and boil 2 pounds of Idaho potatoes.  Mash the potatoes with 2/3c buttermilk, salt and pepper, a few dashes of hot sause, handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (I used dried), handful fresh dill chopped, and handful of fresh chives, chopped.
These are really good!!!

The carrots I just put in a pan with some olive oil, salt and pepper.

This dinner smelled great all day cooking in the crock pot!!  Hope you try and enjoy it too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment